Sunday, October 17, 2010

Two birthdays, one weekend

Coleman and Eric are off celebrating his 12th birthday BEFORE his actual birthday and on Friday we celebrated Gabe's 7th birthday way AFTER his actual birthday.... Hey, it works for me! Better late or early than never.... Count your many blessings!

Anyway, for Gabe's party we booked Shadowlands, our (or rather THEIR) favorite birthday venue. I invited 20 stinking kids thinking that many would not come being that it was a Friday and even though there was no school, parents would have to work etc. I was wrong. Way wrong. 20 kids (plus Finn) came and I was pulling a solo. One kind mother did stay to help only because I am sure I looked a little frazzled and perhaps too busy. (o; The end result was happy, well fed kids and a serious lack of good pictures. Finn is a major and pleasant distraction. He needs to be held too much and I do it because he is my last and I am a sucker that way. (run-on sentences... where are my grammar skills?) I did get pics of the important kiddies, MY kiddies and a few others. The group was filled with good kids so even though it was busy, it was nice. Shadowlands is a great place to have a party. I just wish they would mop their floors better. It really grosses me out.

So happily, I am done with birthdays for a while. We will do something with the family for Coleman's, but other than that.... I have a few months off. Off? Well, with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas (did I mention Disneyworld after Christmas?!? YIPEE!), I (we) have enough on our plate. Happy early and late birthdays boys! You are the apples of my eyes!!

Gearing up....

"Listening" to directions

Bella and Emma (so sweet!)

Did Mitchell and Johnny see a ghost?

Finn thinks he is playing. He keeps raising his hand. In due time, my darling... in due time!

Watching the game. Always waiting for his turn.... Oh Finny!

Mortal Dragon Tate (Finn is trying to get the pack! Poor Finn!)

Lightning Bolt and The Thing. Cute!!

Sassy!

Watch out team blue!!

Still waiting! What a trooper! I love my Finn!!!

Army guys.... same as last year. Hey, he loves army guys!!

My birthday boy (still!)

Cha cha cha!! He is impersonating a chipmunk. JK!!

Happy 7th birthday party darling Gabe! We love you!!

1 comment:

Up in Bubbles said...

Dang that looks like a fun party. Wish I was invited. My kids had such a good time thanks. Happy birthday to Gabe, even if it is a few months late.