Saturday, October 9, 2010

And the day has arrived!!


I love and appreciate "firsts". Firsts are always memorable. They are what make parents the most happy and at times, even the most sad. In this case, happiness abounds. This is April of 2004. My darling Coleman was 5 years old. He was a white belt taking his FIRST belt test. I can remember it like it was yesterday. Today, after 7+ years he is taking his BLACK BELT test.

Eric and I are so proud of him. It is a very special day and we wish we could have all our family around us to witness the completion of the goal. Coleman takes karate very seriously and has waited to take the test until he felt like he was truly ready. I was ready long ago, but respect his desire to be physically and emotionally ready. He is very skilled and strong. His kicks are high and his sparring has greatly improved. It would probably help if he were a little taller (come on H.F.!!! Give the boy some height!!). The test will be stressful and intense, but we know Coleman will do great!!

Look for the real cool pics tomorrow. I will post them asap. This is a big deal and we want Coleman to know it. He has been so busy with school, tennis, church, scouts and life that I don't think he has given today a lot of thought this week. I am sure he will this morning!! Yipee!!

We love you Coleman!!










No comments: