My boys need sleep. I know all children need sleep, but when my boys do not get enough sleep, they are terrible in all facets of their lives. Gabriel takes a long time to wind down, pair that with Tate trying to decompress and you have a long, tense, night full of nonsense, teasing, bickering, crying and tattle tailing. We had to do something to start the school off right so we split up the boys for sleeping time only. Gabriel remained in his room and had to switch to the bottom bunk and Tate is sleeping in Finn's room. So far, so good. I KNOW they are all sleeping better.
Finn thinks his new roommate is wonderful. If you ask him who sleeps in his room, he will reply, "Tate!" and then he will imitate Tate sleeping and snoring. It is cute. One evening Eric could hear Tate and Finn talking late into the night (not part of the plan, but nice...). I asked Tate about it in the morning and he denied it. Hummm....
I asked Finn who sleeps in his room (just for fun) and he replied, "Tate!" Then I asked him, "What does Tate do?" (It is a Finn phrased question.) and instead of snoring, Finn tells me, " Tate is talking and talking to me!!" BUSTED BY A TWO YEAR OLD!! What a crack up! They are buddies and I love that!!
For now it is a nice, restful arrangement. Everyone knows how I feel about change, but this is working and if my darlings sleep better, mommy sleeps better too!
Finn thinks his new roommate is wonderful. If you ask him who sleeps in his room, he will reply, "Tate!" and then he will imitate Tate sleeping and snoring. It is cute. One evening Eric could hear Tate and Finn talking late into the night (not part of the plan, but nice...). I asked Tate about it in the morning and he denied it. Hummm....
I asked Finn who sleeps in his room (just for fun) and he replied, "Tate!" Then I asked him, "What does Tate do?" (It is a Finn phrased question.) and instead of snoring, Finn tells me, " Tate is talking and talking to me!!" BUSTED BY A TWO YEAR OLD!! What a crack up! They are buddies and I love that!!
For now it is a nice, restful arrangement. Everyone knows how I feel about change, but this is working and if my darlings sleep better, mommy sleeps better too!
No comments:
Post a Comment