Happy birthday dear blog!!! I can't believe it has been a year. I can still remember the very day I wrote my first post.....I am still as clueless and scared as I was a year ago. Weird. I haven't changed a thing and still have to figure out how to load a stinking video.... BUT, it has been a good year, a worthwhile journey with lots of sweet and fun memories captured and recorded. I look for opportunities now rather than hoping that they will hit me in the face. I have realized that I don't need to photograph everything rather it is more important to pay attention to the funny, tender moments of the day. My blog is not fancy. Sometimes I look at other blogs and wonder why I don't go crazy and make mine better, but I must remember why and for whom I am doing this. This is for my children. In December I am going to publish our year plus two months for all my boys. This is my gift to them.... a journal of sorts. Our life in print. I don't want to indulge my free time to fanciness and unnecessary additions. Who cares anyway?!? My time is too precious. I don't want to miss out on something important because I am on the computer making something easy into something hard. No thank you.
So, not to be hypocritical or anything, but I am going to change up my blog a little. I am going to give someone money and say, "Make it mine and make it really cute!!" When I started, I was so unsure of the process I just went with what I could find and what would stick. I am ready for a minor blog facelift.
The big change and a fun one for me is a NAME CHANGE. 1-800-Dialcrazeangee is the old me. I don't want to be the resource girl for anyone ever again. I enjoyed that part of my life, but I have ventured into chapter two and with that comes a new identity and of course a name change. I don't know what it is going to be as of yet.... but I am looking. I think that most bloggers carefully think of their header and what they want to be known as or how they want their philosophy to shine. I am there, but I am also looking. I know that most of my readers, do not comment (losers!), but if you have a suggestion, please let me know. I might consider it.
The year has been good, to me and my family. I am happier, more centered, less afraid and more sure of myself. I value free agency. I love my life. I am still not fit and trim, but I will be. Slow and steady wins the race. I do believe that everything happens for a reason. Trials are important. The gospel is true. Crying makes you feel better. Heavenly Father knows me. Life is fragile. Sometimes friends die. My children are the greatest gifts given to me. The truth hurts. I don't have to bite my fingernails. Swearing is tasteless. Chocolate is not all powerful. I still want to quit yelling. The temple is important. And that in a nutshell is my year. Thanks for allowing me to share our memories and life with YOU. You matter!
Life is good.
1 comment:
I don't comment often, but I check you almost every day and I love it. You are an inspiration to me and I love you for sharing the good, bad, and crazy. I hope to pick up a blog like the one you will be leaving behind and we'll see where I am in a year:)
Post a Comment