I own August. August is my anniversary AND my birthday. Normally I just go with the flow, but this year I was spoiled and I must brag, oops post about it. Eric and my darlings are so nice. I am not sure I earned it all this year, but I will spend the rest of the year trying to....... Let me show you why. For starters, Eric bought me some BEAUTIFUL flowers. I only had the chance to enjoy them for ONE day before leaving on our vacation to Maine. They were spectacular and I was very surprised to get them. Stunning.
Later that night, Eric and I went to Addies (a very yummy restaurant). They asked us if it was for a special occassion and I mentioned that it was our 17th anniversary. This is what they brought us out for one of our desserts. Written in chocolate. So nice.After dinner we went to an alternative band in concert, MGMT. We love their sound and had a great time. We even got a FRONT ROW JOE parking place and wisked out of there rather than spending the better half of the evening hoping to get out of the parking lot and not being hit by one of the many drunkards there. Awesome anniversary I might say.
Early the next morning, ERIC drove us all to Maine. Check out the speedometer. 12345. Sweet huh? We got there in record time. He flew home to work hard for us on Tuesday. That is really no vacation for him. XO

To celebrate my birthday week, I indulged in lobster, lobster and more lobster. Pam even went down to the dock and got me some fresh lobster for my birthday week dinner. I love lobster. I really, really do.... I wish I had a picture of Pam and that lobster, but I don't so this will have to do. I love you Mr. Lobster. I want to marry you. (Just kidding Eric! You are the only man for me!!) Oh yea, I got the lobster rash from eating too much of it. I didn't care.... Yum!!
While in Maine, I went to an amazing art gallery and bought myself a birthday ring and a birthday purse. The ring is a vintage button from the Victorian and Edwardian era. I think it is beautiful. The band is to die for!! My purse is RED and industrial in style. I don't have a pic and am too lazy to go and get it. I promise to take a pic with it sometime as it is very cool. I also got a cool piece of art for my house. Eric and I picked out that together. I thought I was doing him a favor by getting myself taken care of for my birthday. I should have known better. (o; I came home to a box from Twist. Twist is my favorite gallery in Oregon and what do my wandering eyes appear, my very own "happy house" from Felix and Olga at Art Department. I love their work and my barn is darling. Thanks P & GG. I LOVE it!!!!!!

Anyway, Eric told me that he got me something for my birthday (yes, I feel very guilty.) and that I should look for it. I have been busy and that expectation got put on the back burner. So.... on Saturday morning he got up early to take our friend to a rally in DC. (Yea!! Glen Beck!!) He let me sleep in and finally when I made my way downstairs, this is what I saw...a VITAMIX!!!! I am thrilled and so spoiled!!! I have wanted a Vitamix for some time, but was waiting for my blender to kick the bucket. Eric is so thoughtful. We have used it a ton so far. Everything has been yummy and I am excited to try it out some more. So, with that I will say it was a good August. I yell too much and don't deserve all the gifts I have received, but I sure love them all. It is great to be a Leo!! Grrrrrr! 

Oh, and flowers and a cute butterfly balloon.
And fresh fruit to make yummy stuff with.
And a cookbook.
And some cutting mats.
Wow.
It is great to be me. Lol!!
That's all folks!!
That's all folks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment