Gabriel has really been struggling as of late. He is a whirlwind of mixed emotions wherever he goes. We are both very concerned, but hopeful that we will figure him out and implement strategies etc that will help him be happy and successful.
One of the most endearing qualities of Gabe is his massive sensitivity and sweetness. Usually it comes out of nowhere and quickly imprints your heart. He loves to cuddle, give a million kisses, laughs loudly, and has a keen sense of humor. It is hard to see him frustrated and unhappy. He has a good, big heart and it is difficult to stay mad or even disappointed at him for long.
Gabe just celebrated his 7th birthday at the end of August. One day he got a BIG present in the mail from Grandpops and Grandma Gloria. He quickly opened it up and was magically gifted with a gigantic crocodile. What a fun surprise!! He carried it around the best that he could, made a bed for it, named it and even read (or rather showed books) to it.
Later that day, he came downstairs and said to me, " I love Grandma and Grandpops for giving me my crocodile. I am going to sleep with it every night (and he does..)".
Here comes his sensitivity out of the blue.... He then says to me, "I wish Grandma Jackie were here. She loved water animals. She would love this present too." I say to Gabe, " You know she really would." and he was on his way.....Gabe was very young when Jackie passed away. Some say that most children do not have a solid memory until they are 5 years old. Gabe was 4 when she died. In his case I do think he remembers.
I was very taken back by his comment. Usually I make my "Gabe-ism" something funny, because he is full of spunk, fire and humor. Today my "Gabe-ism" is how he helps keep the memory alive. I have noticed that he brings up Grandma Jackie especially to Eric at very diverse, special times. The veil can be thin for children and I would like to think that they have a special connection that has lasted through death.
We love our Grandparents dearly and are blessed by their love and example. We also miss Grandma Jackie and wish she was around to see the kids grow. She was very thoughtful and Fall just doesn't seem the same without her.
I love our sweet, funny, energetic, loud and sensitive Gabe. He is the spice in our lives and I am sure when we picked him in heaven, we knew he would be the perfect match for our family....
One of the most endearing qualities of Gabe is his massive sensitivity and sweetness. Usually it comes out of nowhere and quickly imprints your heart. He loves to cuddle, give a million kisses, laughs loudly, and has a keen sense of humor. It is hard to see him frustrated and unhappy. He has a good, big heart and it is difficult to stay mad or even disappointed at him for long.
Gabe just celebrated his 7th birthday at the end of August. One day he got a BIG present in the mail from Grandpops and Grandma Gloria. He quickly opened it up and was magically gifted with a gigantic crocodile. What a fun surprise!! He carried it around the best that he could, made a bed for it, named it and even read (or rather showed books) to it.
Later that day, he came downstairs and said to me, " I love Grandma and Grandpops for giving me my crocodile. I am going to sleep with it every night (and he does..)".
Here comes his sensitivity out of the blue.... He then says to me, "I wish Grandma Jackie were here. She loved water animals. She would love this present too." I say to Gabe, " You know she really would." and he was on his way.....Gabe was very young when Jackie passed away. Some say that most children do not have a solid memory until they are 5 years old. Gabe was 4 when she died. In his case I do think he remembers.
I was very taken back by his comment. Usually I make my "Gabe-ism" something funny, because he is full of spunk, fire and humor. Today my "Gabe-ism" is how he helps keep the memory alive. I have noticed that he brings up Grandma Jackie especially to Eric at very diverse, special times. The veil can be thin for children and I would like to think that they have a special connection that has lasted through death.
We love our Grandparents dearly and are blessed by their love and example. We also miss Grandma Jackie and wish she was around to see the kids grow. She was very thoughtful and Fall just doesn't seem the same without her.
I love our sweet, funny, energetic, loud and sensitive Gabe. He is the spice in our lives and I am sure when we picked him in heaven, we knew he would be the perfect match for our family....
the perfect match!!
XOXOXOXO
XOXOXOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment