Monday, September 19, 2011

Our girls

So... every day dawns a new chance to get caught up and feel good about the status of my blog. I am just about there. Really. In reviewing my posts, I realized that I completely forgot about Owlettes and our summer friend and girl presence Mayson. Those will have to be for another day, but I am happy to have had a couple minutes every now and then to write and reflect on the many fun events and happenings of summer.

A brief update on the first two weeks of school..... All boys are doing very well. Gabriel has an amazing teacher who likes and appreciates his personality and talents. We are having prayers answered left and right. I feel so blessed. Coleman is maturing and making friends. He has a good set of teachers and is liking LPMS. Tate is Tate. I am hoping that he can really get focused in preparation for Middle School. He has a good set of teachers, but a lot of students and change has surfaced in 5th grade. I am going to have to keep on this.... Finn just started MDO and didn't bat an eye when I left. I am glad that he is still home with me and that we can have another year together before he is off to school a whole lot more. We have lots going on and I feel overwhelmed most of the time. It is not the scheduling, just all the stuff that goes along with the activities and of course school. Running a home is a hard job. That is for sure.

The nature of this post is GIRLS. We had a lot more female presence in our home this summer than in previous years. It was nice. Perhaps the nicest week was when my longtime and good friend Ryan came once again with his girls McKenna and Quincy. I am crazy about these girls. They are rough with each other, but create a positive and fun vibe in our home and with the boys. Our boys LOVE and adore these girls. They are so fun to be around, give them lots of attention, are great to play with and on top of all of their good qualities and characteristics, they are extremely pretty (and you know my boys LOVE that too!!) It was a fun week. Ryan is a dear friend and I am so glad that we have maintained our relationship throughout the years. I am searching for an amazing wife for him so keep your eyes peeled. He deserves a really good woman!!

McKenna and Quincy did a lot of hair the week they were here. I am not talking about their hair, as that is a given. McKenna braided my hair and even Tate's hair. Almost every day after camp, one of them would style Gabe and Finn's hair. Coleman made himself scarce during these times. His loss.... The boys were tickled to have such attention. I could kick myself for not taking more pics. I really need to be better at this. I miss too much. They even managed to style the boys' hair before they hopped on the plane and headed home. These pics are so funny and awesome. I miss Ryan and the girls. I hope they come out again soon. They feel like family only better!! (hee hee!!)






Life is good!!

No comments: