We went to a friends' wedding over the weekend (fun pics and post later....) and all I could think about is Gabe... things to do for Gabe's baptism this upcoming weekend, dreaming about obstacle set ups for Gabe's birthday party, Gabe's cake, party favors, baptism clothes... etc etc etc... Gabe Gabe Gabe. It seems like this is truly the month of Gabe. With that, it is nice that he has several reasons for positive attention and I hope we can live up to his expectations. Lol!!
I am slowly getting ready for his baptism. We are having it with another family so some the preparation has been divided up. The month has been a birthday focus, baptism f0cus and then will go back to the birthday focus. Whew....
I am not sure I have ever written it down (just shown picture after picture), but one of our birthday traditions is decorating the birthday boy's chair with balloons and buying them a load of their favorite sugar cereal with a couple of morning presents or cards. That night they get a dinner of their choice and a family birthday cake. I think my mom did it much easier, which would translate to ONE cake, one special day, but we started it differently and now we have to stick with it. Sometimes it is a lot of work, but I am sure it will be worth it as my boys' look back and remember each birthday and the traditions that go along with it.
Here is our darling (and did I mention very well behaving at school?!!!) Gabe. Happy and a bit tired from the start of school. His baptism is Saturday and his party is the end of the month. I love the events and hope I can keep up with EVERYTHING!!! I dearly and deeply love Gabe and am glad that I have the opportunity to showcase him over and over!!
I am slowly getting ready for his baptism. We are having it with another family so some the preparation has been divided up. The month has been a birthday focus, baptism f0cus and then will go back to the birthday focus. Whew....
I am not sure I have ever written it down (just shown picture after picture), but one of our birthday traditions is decorating the birthday boy's chair with balloons and buying them a load of their favorite sugar cereal with a couple of morning presents or cards. That night they get a dinner of their choice and a family birthday cake. I think my mom did it much easier, which would translate to ONE cake, one special day, but we started it differently and now we have to stick with it. Sometimes it is a lot of work, but I am sure it will be worth it as my boys' look back and remember each birthday and the traditions that go along with it.
Here is our darling (and did I mention very well behaving at school?!!!) Gabe. Happy and a bit tired from the start of school. His baptism is Saturday and his party is the end of the month. I love the events and hope I can keep up with EVERYTHING!!! I dearly and deeply love Gabe and am glad that I have the opportunity to showcase him over and over!!
What a cutie!!



1 comment:
lol. oh i love your blog and pictures. is it bad that my husband and i only eat sugar cereal? making up for our sugarless cereal childhood i guess ;)
you have the handsomest boys. we have to come bother you and stay one of these days!
Post a Comment