
This is Mayson. She is actually the daughter of Eric's ex girlfriend's sister (the nice one as Joy would probably say). I will make a long story, short. Mayson offered to come and help us after Eric broke his neck. (very nice of her!!) I assumed (and it is happily so) that Eric would have mostly recovered by the summer so I suggested a job with Calleva. Who wouldn't want to work for Calleva? Calleva is amazing and so so so fun (or so we thought)!!!
Mayson came, tolerated Maryland and then left. Sadly, she was here for the busy part of the summer so we didn't get to have a lot of fun and relax before she dashed back to ole Happy Valley. She left early and I understand why, but literally the next weekend she was gone, the family fun began. I think Mayson had a good-ish time here. I was disappointed that she just couldn't love it more, but she is not a real outdoor-y gal and sometimes getting out of sheltered Utah can be more of a culture shock that you can imagine. The East Coast is weird and wonderful all in one. I am sure a teenage girl can only see the weird.... Her loss.... she is young though. (O:
Mayson came, tolerated Maryland and then left. Sadly, she was here for the busy part of the summer so we didn't get to have a lot of fun and relax before she dashed back to ole Happy Valley. She left early and I understand why, but literally the next weekend she was gone, the family fun began. I think Mayson had a good-ish time here. I was disappointed that she just couldn't love it more, but she is not a real outdoor-y gal and sometimes getting out of sheltered Utah can be more of a culture shock that you can imagine. The East Coast is weird and wonderful all in one. I am sure a teenage girl can only see the weird.... Her loss.... she is young though. (O:
Mayson is a very nice girl. She has a sweet smile, cute freckles, very animated (only I don't think we saw this side of her much) and has a solid head on her shoulders. She is very smart, kind, messy (oh my gosh so messy!), and has a fun presence about her. She was hard to feed and I thought she might even starve. I tried my best... there are just some things I cannot bring myself to buy. You know me! Lol!! It was a good experience for us all having another female presence in our home. We all learned some good lessons and had a nice time doing it. We miss funny Mayson and hope she is having a wonderful senior year!!

Did I mention we went to Wicked? We went with Paul, Gloria, Jasmine, Coleman, Tate, Gabe, Mayson and myself. A wonderful, memorable performance and I (or rather WE) spoiled them all! Life is good to us that way! We are blessed!

No comments:
Post a Comment