Sunday, September 11, 2011

Baptism day for our Gabi






Let me first just say that I wish I could just chill out sometimes. All my kids will EVER remember about Gabe's baptism is that I threw a huge "you are late" temper tantrum as we were leaving the house. The boys came home from lunch later than I expected and I was in a huff. Silly I know. We are about to go to something spiritually uplifting and I am yelling like a crazy person...... So, sorry (again and again) to my family. Sometimes I get caught up in the smaller, less important details. I am working on that. My darling boys are the most important. Gabe getting baptized and receiving the Holy Ghost and feeling the spirit is the MOST MOST MOST important.

The service was very nice and well attended. Even with my negative start, the spirit was strong. Eric gave Gabe a strong, sweet and thoughtful blessing after the confirmation. Unfortunately no one from either family side was able to attend, but we are blessed to have so many friends around here that love and support us. Even our sweet friend Karma came. What a treat!! I wish I would have taken more pics... but you know the rules and on top of that it is so busy and then done by the time you think about it.

Inbetween the baptism and confirmation, the congregation filled out cards for Gabe. I have so enjoyed reading them to myself and Gabe. People have such wonderful testimonies and thoughts regarding the Lord and our Savior. We shared this baptism day with some family friends. Jamie Hellewell was also baptized. It was a great idea to share the day and I am so glad we did it. It made everything easier and all the gaps were filled in by both families.

I do love baptisms. I especially love my boys' baptisms. It gives us all a nice reminder of the blessing of having the Holy Ghost and how we are to live our lives and what we have promised with our Heavenly Father. I love that we can all be "washed clean" and start over. This is just one of the many life changing events in our life, but one of the most important. I love Gabe and am so glad that he wanted to be baptized. I know it is a choice and I feel so fortunate that Gabe desires to chose the right. I also want to add that I was able to sit in on his interview with the Bishop. He made me so proud and acted so mature and thoughtful. His answers were spiritually sound and touching. I am so proud of my wild man Gabe. You are wonderful!!

Life is good.

P.S. Today is 9/11. Eric took boys to Flight 93 memorial service. We will NEVER forget!! God bless America!

No comments: