We missed strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. It is sad. We all like to pick and eat fruit for months to come, but it seems like we have been over scheduled, tired and/or the weather has not behaved. We did manage to go peach picking. I think it was the week before school started. We froze peaches, made fruit leather and slices, and desserts galore. Eric whipped up two peach cobblers and a crisp. It was so yummy. I just love that I have a freezer full of fresh/frozen peaches. Yum!! We will make time for fruit picking next year. Our strawberry jam is all used up and we only have one bag of blackberries.Boo hoo!
I love to do this simple and meaningful activity with my family. We are so blessed to live so close to farms and the Ag. Reserve. Next year I will learn how to can. Promise. This week we WILL go pick apples. Double promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment