Friday, September 23, 2011

hot and happy

My main memory of Owlettes this year is that it was HOT. I was hot. The kids were hot. Everyone was hot. It was so darn hot and humid. We had a record breaking hot summer. (Am I getting my point across.... it was HOT!!) And Owlettes was in the midst of all that heat. But as I was looking through my pictures and an album from Zena darling, all I could notice was the many happy faces. Sweaty heads but happy smiles.

Sometimes I just need to wake up and smell the coffee. I focus on the wrong things and miss the good ones. I need to loosen up, chill out and focus on the positive. The positives of Owlettes are that ALL my kids LOVE Owlettes and look forward to it each year. They learn a lot, build stronger friendships with those who count, have the opportunity to be around adults who like and appreciate them (for the most part) and be outdoors everyday for two whole weeks. I do like Owlettes and need to contribute more. I am a very good teacher and that talent stays hidden in this part of my life. Why? No reason, maybe just laziness.

This is going to be a captionless parade of pictures. Just notice the overall mood. There are some hot, tired ones in the end, but overall it is a lot of joy and satisfaction. Owlettes is a huge blessing, memory and building block in all of our lives. I am secretly glad that I have years and years ahead of me! Keeps me young!

Was it hot????


















(There is poor Miles and Tate..... I have ZERO pictures of either of them. They went to Calleva the first week and Owlettes the second. I really need to work on them next year. Plus, I was the "counselor and parental queen" over Finn's group so..... he gets the most as usual. Dang!!)

No comments: