Saturday, December 26, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...


The best Christmas of all is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up with one another!!

Christmas came and went much too quickly this year. We were prepared and the kids were very happy with their loot. Santa is a smart cookie!! We are still waiting for the UPS man, but that is okay. Coleman played in the hand bell choir at the Lutheran Church Christmas program and we stayed for most of the service. They have a very nice priest and we thought it would be nice to have the boys experience a Christmas service from a different denomination. This left us getting home late, so we stopped and had some Thai food rather than the cold roast waiting for us at home. All in all it was a nice Christmas eve.

We have always had a very civilized Christmas morning. The boys take turns and watch each other open presents. When Coleman was little (oh, I miss those days...) he would stop and read a book if that was the gift. Sometimes he wouldn't open another gift until he had finished the book. I think his calmness has set the tone for all Christmases in our home. I appreciate the non-craziness of it all. It helps Eric and I be a part of things more and I love the spirit that resides. They even throw the wrapping away as they go. In the end we have stacks of presents, happy children and a clean floor.

I love our stocking tradition. The stockings always have a lot of fun, interesting gifts and treats. I remember as a little girl, I always got a clementine, gummy bears, a candy cane, iced circus cookies and a small, wonderful present in my stocking. Eric's family loves unique, fun, well stocked stockings as well. The boys explore their stockings first thing and then get down to business.

This year we hosted a Christmas day dinner and sweater party. Our sweet friend Jill usually has had it at her house, but alas we have made too many babies and outgrown her Darnestown Road home. We number 44 bodies and that is with a few missing. The dinner and company was wonderful. We are blessed to be able to be surrounded by such good friends who substitute for our far away family. There was a lot eating, singing, Taboo fun, kid chaos, football and of course celebrating Christmas with a birthday party for Jesus. I love this and am so glad that we have made this a tradition. Thank you Granny and Gramps!!

December has been pretty stress free for me. We have made cookies, drank a lot of hot chocolate, watched Christmas specials, played in the snow, cuddled in bed and chairs while reading Christmas stories, and even squeaked in some shopping and a visit to the mall Santa. Christmas is always so special. I love my Savior and am so thankful to celebrate his birth and life. I love my children and Eric darling. Eric got me an awesome Mac laptop for Christmas. I will really need it after my surgery and am so thankful for him and his thoughtfulness.

Christmas 2008 Granny and Gramps were with us.

Christmas jammies! Love em and we love the Granny too!!

Little Finn in the hospital for Christmas. We are so grateful for good health this year!!

Finn on Christmas Eve. What a cutie!!

Our tree and the loot

Stockings and Ugly Dolls (Thanks Granny and Gramps!!)

Annual ornaments for the boys (this year is ocean themed... Grandma Jackie would like that!!)

Christmas jammies 2009 (Thanks the Pavuks!! We love them and YOU!!)

Finn had just been given a Christmas bloody, fat lip by Gabe so he was in no mood for pics...

Exploring the stockings

My darling Tate

Ball!

The real WILD THING!!

Coleman was the last one up...(O:

Having fun on the plasma car!!

Our nice friends!! Look at the CRAZY and yet so festive sweaters!!

Finn on Christmas Day. LOVE his sweater!! Again, verrrrry cute!!

Happy birthday Jesus!!

The evening ended with a little Coldplay at the piano!! Who knew big Johnny was such a singer?

We are looking forward to 2010 and all the blessings and lessons of a new year.

Peace be with you!!

P.S. It was a white Christmas!! (O:

P.S.S. Did I mention that Tate stayed up ALL night to meet Santa. He even came downstairs VERY late and surprised his mother.... Oh boy!! I was very, very, VERY surprised and fast... I am very fast!! (o;

1 comment:

Smallstuff said...

The Pictures are awesome, wish i could have been there with you all. Glad you had a fun Christmas and New Years. XOXOXO Love you guys

Quinn