Daffodowndilly
by A.A. Milne
She wore her yellow sun-bonnet,
She wore her greenest gown;
She turned to the south wind
And curtsied up and down.
She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead."
I don't want to jinx myself or my fellow Marylanders... but I swear spring is here AND I think she has been here for a while. We had the mildest winter. Sadly, we didn't even have one single snow day. We had a light dusting of snow one day but not enough to freak out the city or school officials. I hope Spring is here and that we have a long, beautiful spring (I just sneezed, really. There are some downfalls...Poor Tate!) All the daffodils in my yard have either started to bloom or have buds on them and are waiting for a day like today (65 degrees and sunny), to bust out and officially welcome Spring. I am happy and don't even feel too tortured by the welcome of daylight savings TODAY. Yawn....!
Let's just hope that "winter is dead!" (cross your fingers!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment