Monday, August 22, 2011

C.A.L.L.E.V.A.

My boys are lucky enough to attend several different types of camps over the summer. This fine summer they went to cub scout camp, boy scout camp, art camp, Owlettes, tennis camp and of course Calleva. We love Calleva for many reasons. I like that the boys come home with more outdoor experiences under their young belts, singing songs and telling riddles, jokes and spooky camp stories galore. They are dirtier, happier, more confident and have made many good friendships as well as become better outdoors men.

We also love Calleva because we know the people behind it and their mission and philosophy with children. They are making a difference in this community and for many kids' futures. They have managed to tailor a program that fits many styles of learning and kinds of kids. Even if I didn't know and love the three crazies that own, run and lead the camp, I would adore and respect this camp. I know that my boys have a place there and that makes Eric and I very happy. We want them to be comfortable, learn new things, make lasting friendships, bond with current friends and be in a place where boys can be boys and children can have fun without all "2011 safety over- restraints." Calleva is a safe place (or at least they mask it well), but kids are allowed to hike with blisters, get scraped up in the name of fun, and live "dangerously" while supervised and happy.

I don't get the chance to take many pics of my Calleva darlings, but I snapped a few on the last day of their last week of any camp. Our good friend Sotir was here so I got the whole crew.

Super cute!!


P.S. Happy birthday to me. "One year older and wiser too....." Oh boy. Celebrating quietly! (o;

No comments: