Saturday, February 25, 2012

Winner winner chicken dinner

I should have posted this the night of the Derby. The Martinis Family had some very exciting news as of January --. We WON the Pinewood Derby and we placed THIRD too!! Miracles of all miracles!! The boys outdid themselves this year!! I say we, because when the boys go to bed, I paint a little to make the cars look even more beautiful. They boys did most of the work this year and it really paid off.

Tate had a design that I wasn't crazy about and apparently he knew what he was doing...... Tate got FIRST place and Gabe with his cool Mac, book got THIRD!! I am so proud I could cry. I love my boys cars, but come the day of the race.... you really want your boy to do well and importantly you want the cars to be FAST. Call me crazy, but I am as happy as they are!!

So, it was a great day. The boys were so pleased! We had to scurry off to basketball games so we didn't get to celebrate until Sunday. Aunt Liz was here so it was like a triple celebration! Next year it will only be Gabe. I have a feeling that it will be another winner winner chicken dinner year.

Let's bet on it!! (O:

My boys' cars...Gabe's in green lane, Tate's in orange lane! Both great designs!!!

Tate's car in yellow lane and Gabe's in blue.....ZOOMING!!!!

Naughty!!

Announcing THIRD place WINNER!!!Gabriel Martinis come on down!!!

Winner winner chicken dinner!!

Announcing the FIRST place WINNER!!! Tate Martinis COME ON DOWN!!!!

Winner winner BIG chicken dinner!!

My boys.... "winning!!"


And look! SECOND place is the awesome Sotir Markoff!!! 3 darling, hard working boys!!!

No comments: