So, I get an email from Eric about going to a Redskins game with VP goodies attached to it. A real game experience with the VP of the Redskins. He adds that he would like to take Coleman. I am all for it and completely neglect to look at the date. Eric probably cannot believe my response and sends me an update on the game because now he can take Coleman and a friend. This time I look at the date..... December 24th or otherwise known as CHRISTMAS EVE.
We are all alone in Maryland for the most part. We do have a little family close by, but I don't think they know we exist so..... for the most part we are alone. That definitely has its pros and cons. It is nice to establish some traditions, but I grew up sharing my Christmas with 100 other relatives. I like the chaos and commotion. I miss seeing my family and I suppose it might be easier to celebrate alone so I don't miss my Grandma Baker so much and compare Christmas past with Christmas present. Anyways...... I was not thrilled with the idea of Christmas Eve at the Redskins, but how could I say no. I am such a nice gal. My apprehension spread to the VP as he sent Eric and I a nice email stating that Eric would likely be home around 5:00pm. SOLD!! This is the year of the Redskins and of the first annual traditional Martinis Christmas Eve. It can't get any better than that.... (famous last words!!)
Eric, Coleman and Christopher spent the entire day at the Redskins stadium. They went on the field for a lot of the day or in the VP suite munching on yummy food. Coleman asked Christopher how he would rate the day in fun from a 1 to a 10. Christopher said, "11!!" Neither boy is a real football fan, but both could appreciate the experience for what it was... AMAZING!!! I am glad they were able to go and have a fun, memorable day. I am also so happy that Eric thought about including Coleman. Dad time is always the best time. I love Eric for his thoughtfulness and fun!
Life is good.
We are all alone in Maryland for the most part. We do have a little family close by, but I don't think they know we exist so..... for the most part we are alone. That definitely has its pros and cons. It is nice to establish some traditions, but I grew up sharing my Christmas with 100 other relatives. I like the chaos and commotion. I miss seeing my family and I suppose it might be easier to celebrate alone so I don't miss my Grandma Baker so much and compare Christmas past with Christmas present. Anyways...... I was not thrilled with the idea of Christmas Eve at the Redskins, but how could I say no. I am such a nice gal. My apprehension spread to the VP as he sent Eric and I a nice email stating that Eric would likely be home around 5:00pm. SOLD!! This is the year of the Redskins and of the first annual traditional Martinis Christmas Eve. It can't get any better than that.... (famous last words!!)
Eric, Coleman and Christopher spent the entire day at the Redskins stadium. They went on the field for a lot of the day or in the VP suite munching on yummy food. Coleman asked Christopher how he would rate the day in fun from a 1 to a 10. Christopher said, "11!!" Neither boy is a real football fan, but both could appreciate the experience for what it was... AMAZING!!! I am glad they were able to go and have a fun, memorable day. I am also so happy that Eric thought about including Coleman. Dad time is always the best time. I love Eric for his thoughtfulness and fun!
Life is good.

Here comes the ball..... does Coleman and the other boys look ready or scared?
They were this close.... If it were me, I would have given 46 a little pinch!!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good game!!
No comments:
Post a Comment