First, after looking at my pics I am realizing that I need to learn more about my cameras. Once upon a time I wrote some things about myself on here and one of them was I never read instruction manuals..... I wish I did and I want to, but I assume Eric will and then he will just teach me. That only happens 15% of the time and I end up having to learn by trial and error and error and error. We had a very nice Christmas and all I have is a load of blurry pics to go by. I am a flake. I need more time, more sleep and more patience. I will change. I will.
This year was extra calm for me (especially compared to last year). Maybe it was the Melatonin I gave Tate or the fact that I was prepared, happy and lacked in the stress department. I never seem to get everything done that I want to, but this year we managed to fit in some good service, show love in our home, have two awesome trees, eat a formal-ish dinner in our dining room (our first) and fun enjoy Christmas Eve games as well as a spiritual lesson. Who can beat that? The boys were all happy with their presents and I got a beautiful surprise ring from Eric.
We had a fun Christmas day party with our close friends and got more Christmas cookies (good and bad) than we ever have before. I complain that we never get any and I feel cookie neglected. This year was out of control and boy am I fat. Ick!! We loved them and so did our chickens. (don't tell!!)
I ended the season with a push to get organized. The boys all got an ornament box and I finally started to get all the personal ornaments to the rightful boy. Did I mention that our tree (MY tree) fell this year and either KILLED or damaged a lot of my beautiful ornaments. I know that my ornaments are just things, but I love them and was really sad. I had a strange case of vertigo that day and tried to save the tree only to fall on the floor in a spinning room. I am sure it was quite a site for my boys to see..... Good thing the camera was stolen and the other not charged. To end all things great, Eric polished my silver bells that my Aunt Julie gives us every year.
A couple days after Christmas, we hopped in the car and drove to Maine and suprised the Pavuks. It was hilarious and we had a great time. Eric and I are not spontaneous travelers, so this was extra fun. We didn't get to ski, but hanging out with our best Maine friends was a real treat.
We went to Brettonwoods on New Years and had a lovely dinner. Afterwards we lit a few fireworks and the boys played the Wii. We rang in the new year with the rest of the world watching NYC and finally went to bed. Maybe I will write my reflections of 2011, but probably not. I will say that we got closer as a family in 2011. We had some serious trials, but were blessed with many answered prayers and blessings.
Life is good.
This year was extra calm for me (especially compared to last year). Maybe it was the Melatonin I gave Tate or the fact that I was prepared, happy and lacked in the stress department. I never seem to get everything done that I want to, but this year we managed to fit in some good service, show love in our home, have two awesome trees, eat a formal-ish dinner in our dining room (our first) and fun enjoy Christmas Eve games as well as a spiritual lesson. Who can beat that? The boys were all happy with their presents and I got a beautiful surprise ring from Eric.
We had a fun Christmas day party with our close friends and got more Christmas cookies (good and bad) than we ever have before. I complain that we never get any and I feel cookie neglected. This year was out of control and boy am I fat. Ick!! We loved them and so did our chickens. (don't tell!!)
I ended the season with a push to get organized. The boys all got an ornament box and I finally started to get all the personal ornaments to the rightful boy. Did I mention that our tree (MY tree) fell this year and either KILLED or damaged a lot of my beautiful ornaments. I know that my ornaments are just things, but I love them and was really sad. I had a strange case of vertigo that day and tried to save the tree only to fall on the floor in a spinning room. I am sure it was quite a site for my boys to see..... Good thing the camera was stolen and the other not charged. To end all things great, Eric polished my silver bells that my Aunt Julie gives us every year.
A couple days after Christmas, we hopped in the car and drove to Maine and suprised the Pavuks. It was hilarious and we had a great time. Eric and I are not spontaneous travelers, so this was extra fun. We didn't get to ski, but hanging out with our best Maine friends was a real treat.
We went to Brettonwoods on New Years and had a lovely dinner. Afterwards we lit a few fireworks and the boys played the Wii. We rang in the new year with the rest of the world watching NYC and finally went to bed. Maybe I will write my reflections of 2011, but probably not. I will say that we got closer as a family in 2011. We had some serious trials, but were blessed with many answered prayers and blessings.
Life is good.

The kids tree.... still needs some work, but I love it!
I see a peeker! Well, hello Gabi!
Another peeker (Phineas Johnny!!).... I think our family room looks nice and simple.
Our first dinner in the dining room.
Cute Finny
Can
he
My handsome man!!
"My" tree. I love our Angel Moroni tree topper!
My darling CP
Gabe... and you know, they almost never eat those yummy candy canes. Strange...
Finny could not get enough at Christmas! To this day he keeps asking when is Christmas. (O:
Daddy got a new long board!

My boys!
Happy birthday Jesus cake... not the prettiest this year. I have big hopes for 2012... BIG cake hopes!
Happy New Year fun!
The last thing on our Christmas list was gingerbread houses... so on January 1st, the kids did one together. Ha! Christmas DONE!!!!
So, Merry Christmas Mr. February 17th. It really is never too late......Thanksgiving, here I come!!









1 comment:
Well you little sneak!! Looks like we both had Christmas on the brain last night. Well done! I'm determined to get caught up. Good times.. it was a fun Christmas. : )
Post a Comment