
I am feeling more and more like an old lady cripple. My heel hurts and it hurts BAD. I hobble around trying to get everything done and keep everyone happy. I can't complain much because lying next to me is a cute guy with a broken neck....Today after spinning (thank goodness I can still do that!) I stopped by a new reflexology place in the Kentlands. I have dabbled in reflexology, but never had a session for just my feet alone. It was a very pleasant and painful experience. To begin, the Chinese gentleman worked on my neck and back with some basic acupressure points and I swear it hurt so bad I wanted to run away. I began to wonder what I had gotten myself into..... I hope this wasn't just an expensive mistake. However, patience is a virtue and health has many faces...
The reflexology portion of the session was wonderful but when he worked on my heel I almost kicked him in his face. I am sure it was as close to torture as I hope to ever get. Ouchie!! The entire time he was working on my feet I felt my body feeling better. It was strange, but I loved it. It is not relaxing like a massage, but peaceful and "harmonious". The last 10 minutes (I did an hour session) he had me lay on a table and continued with some acupressure on my back, legs and neck. Once again, shear torture!! He didn't speak much English, but managed to ask me if I was alright. I am NOT a wimp so I said everything was great and he should continue. I know that later it would hurt so good!
I walked out of there dazed and confused, but better in so many ways. I made an appointment for next Friday. Maybe I will have a regular torture session on Fridays (until Julie leaves.....). The benefits are numerous and my heel is much better this evening. I am still a cripple but I am not nearly as miserable as I was even yesterday. I am happy with my experience and look forward to adding this into my life as an added health benefit.
1 comment:
Thank heaven for a mother who gave us an open mind to alternative medicine. Get better soon hobbler; injuries make motherhood hard.
Post a Comment