Coleman and I are currently involved in a church play, Savior of the World. That deserves a separate post and I can not believe that I have not mentioned it until this day (the day of TWO play performances). It has been wonderful and has set the tone for a good, memorable Christmas in our home.Yesterday was our first performance. I decided to do Coleman's make up because I was unhappy with his girly make up from the night before. Pink lipstick is so not his color. Anyway, I can see why his make up was a mess from the night before.... Coleman (as are probably most 12 year old boys) was not very cooperative during the process. He squeezed his eyes shut so tightly that I swear they retracted into his head. I was VERY annoyed, but eventually I got him all made up and was very impressed with my job and WOW!!!, his gorgeous lashes. Coleman has lashes to die for!
I was downstairs in the pantry when my boys came down for dinner. I could hear them talking, but they could not see me. Tate was laughing at Coleman's make up and Coleman was still complaining about the process. Coleman then said (which really made me laugh), "I can't believe mom has to do this EVERYDAY!! Putting on make up, especially mascara is HARD! I feel bad for girls!" They laughed and was done with the conversation surrounding the TORTURE of make up.
Boys are funny. I sure love mine. I don't think make up is torture. Maybe that is why I sleep in it way to much.... Shame on me. Anyway, look for a decent Savior of the World post. I don't have many pics but hope to get a few from the "angels" that have managed to sneak down and snap a few. I have stayed in the heavens with the beasts I have been assigned to.... And that is for another day.
Oh yeah, 14 days til Christmas (including today....). Eek! I am 70% done.... it is the 30% that might kill me. I think I can... I think I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment