Today is Halloween. Coleman is a magician, Tate a storm trooper, Gabe a ninja and Finn a penguin. We have been trunk or treating, had a school Halloween parade and party, scared ourselves at the Haunted Forest, worked at the Enchanted Forest and now are preparing ourselves for our annual Halloween party with all our ghoulie friends.
I love Halloween, but miss the days of celebrating in a simple way…. We do too much and move too fast. Halloween used to be cupcakes in the classroom, bobbing for apples and trick or treating in any kind of weather. You couldn’t find Halloween decorations in every store and certainly not in August.
Needless to say, Halloween is still a favorite of mine. Grandma Jackie used to come every Halloween and celebrate with us. She started a Halloween village for us and we all love it and hold it precious to our hearts. We miss her so and Halloween just isn’t the same without her.
Here is a glimpse of last Halloween and a brief look at this one so far…. I love my kids in costume and torture them with lots of pics. They will love me for it one day. Next year I am going to work on a costume of my own. I have been Anjie Martinis 365 days of the years too long. Time to change a few things around here!!
Gabe working as a pumpkin head at the Enchanted Forest
Come on now, does Finn look scared at the trunk or treat party? I think not.... Ok, maybe and of course we bad parents just kept on taking pics... bad, bad parents!!
Happy Halloween!! Remember to check under your beds before retiring for the evening!! Waaa haaa haaa haaaa! (in a scary vampire-ish voice!!)
Look for more trick or treating and party pics later... gater!!
1 comment:
Aw that looks so fun! Halloween is really one of my personal favorites too. Dressing up will never get old
Post a Comment