Friday, October 30, 2009

Autumn

I love Autumn.


It is a wonderful time of year. I feel calmer and more connected to my family and the earth. I am blessed to live on a beautiful piece of land that looks glorious in all the seasons. When I took these pics there was a light breeze and the golden and red leaves had been falling the entire day. It was magical and simply breath taking. Here is our backyard a couple of days ago. It has changed even still…. Enjoy!!!



This is a berry bush in our front yard. It is so pretty.

Tate was just kicking it in the backyard. I sense a calmness about him too. This is a miracle!!

This is a tree at our swim and tennis club. Coleman plays fall tennis. The trees in this neighborhood always have the brightest golds mixed with red. I missed most of the changing last week, but there are still a few beauties around. I am a big fan of poetry and Robert Frost. He knows how to capture the moment.

Gathering Leaves

By Robert Frost

Spades take up leaves
No better than spoons,
And bags full of leaves
Are as light balloons.
I make a great noise
Of rustling all day
Like rabbit and deer
Running away.
But the mountains I raise
Elude my embrace,
Flowing over my arms
And into my face.






No comments: