Tuesday, October 13, 2009

5...5...do I hear 6?


We are on our 5th week of no tv etc. The boys had a difficult day(s) so we had to add another week. So far, so good. Gabriel is on a contract with his teacher so Eric and I can monitor his behavior daily. He gets a star for good behavior, listening, keeping hands to self... you know the drill... Well, yesterday his contract was a little wordy. Here it is... Brace yourself!

Writing Workshop (a star)
Reading (a star)
Literacy Center (a star)
Math (a star)
Looks good until you look at the back....

Gabe did not follow directions when it was time to go to lunch. He lay on the floor and threw his lunchbox. WHen told he'd have to move his clip and miss some recess, he threw his jacket and lunch box and refused to eat lunch. He had a hard time for the rest of the afternoon being his normal happy self...he complained A LOT and threatened to break his fingers. ): (frowny face drawn by teacher). I have him a couple chances to eat this afternoon- but he refused. So-he may be quite hungry when he get home! -Mrs. McKenna.

First of all, break his fingers? This isn't the Sopranos for heavens sake!! He did come home quite hungry. I made him eat his lunch while the other boys ate yummy sugar cookies. He was not happy... again.

Now I ask you... should I just beat him or add on another week? I think plan B.... What is plan B? Stay tuned....

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow he can be really melodramatic sometimes, cant he? He should harness that power into acting. He'd win an oscar in a second.

Anjie said...

He definitely is a drama king!! Acting....? I will think about that one!!

eggy said...

I think we should give him another week, break his fingers and his toes! :)