
This grainy pic is a group of my dearest high school friends. We were in Cancun for our Senior trip. I am in the middle.... the chick in the red. I had many "groups" of high school friends and spent a lot of time trying to juggle my different and loved groups of friends. I was never completely satisfied with my friendship situations, but now looking back I was very blessed and have managed to keep in touch (even before facebook) with MANY of my friends.
My high school nickname was Wanj. Most of my friends from all the different groups called me Wanj and most of their parents did too. It was sweet and very endearing. Yesterday I wished a boy I went to elementary, middle and high school with a happy birthday. He replied back, "Thanks Wanj. You are still the best." I know he means it and is made me feel young and happy.
A lot of my closest high school friends still call me Wanj, but I had forgotten that most of the people in my very large high school also called me that as well. Growing up in Oklahoma was a very positive experience for me. People are religious, sports crazy, loyal and generally good. The Bible belt is a good place to raise a family. It was hard for my parents to move there, but it was good for our family and definitely good for me. I received an excellent education, made many lasting friends, was provided with many leadership and travel opportunities, and was very prepared for college and life. I guess my "sweet nothing" for the day is that memories are important and friends are the spice of life! I have always been blessed with good, lasting friends and am so thankful for all those who have been put into my life to better and enrich it.
My second sweet nothing (if you will) came at school today. I had a meeting about Tate's progress and plan in school (his section 504). At the end of the meeting, Tate's teacher Mrs. Fawley pulled me aside and asked how Eric was doing. She expressed her concern and happiness that Eric was doing better. She then told me that she prays for Eric every night. I was so touched. I almost started to cry. I thought to myself, Tate's teacher prays for Eric every night. That is really special.
Mrs. Fawley is a VERY sweet lady and a perfect match for Tate. He has been so blessed with sensitive, caring and thoughtful teachers. I truly believe Eric has been able to recover so well because of all the prayers and concern for him and his well being. Eric and our family is loved and cared about by many. Another great blessing indeed. We are definitely being watched over and taken care of. It is a good feeling!My high school nickname was Wanj. Most of my friends from all the different groups called me Wanj and most of their parents did too. It was sweet and very endearing. Yesterday I wished a boy I went to elementary, middle and high school with a happy birthday. He replied back, "Thanks Wanj. You are still the best." I know he means it and is made me feel young and happy.
A lot of my closest high school friends still call me Wanj, but I had forgotten that most of the people in my very large high school also called me that as well. Growing up in Oklahoma was a very positive experience for me. People are religious, sports crazy, loyal and generally good. The Bible belt is a good place to raise a family. It was hard for my parents to move there, but it was good for our family and definitely good for me. I received an excellent education, made many lasting friends, was provided with many leadership and travel opportunities, and was very prepared for college and life. I guess my "sweet nothing" for the day is that memories are important and friends are the spice of life! I have always been blessed with good, lasting friends and am so thankful for all those who have been put into my life to better and enrich it.
My second sweet nothing (if you will) came at school today. I had a meeting about Tate's progress and plan in school (his section 504). At the end of the meeting, Tate's teacher Mrs. Fawley pulled me aside and asked how Eric was doing. She expressed her concern and happiness that Eric was doing better. She then told me that she prays for Eric every night. I was so touched. I almost started to cry. I thought to myself, Tate's teacher prays for Eric every night. That is really special.
Life is good!! (O:

2 comments:
I just read the last few posts. I liked them a lot! you are a good mom and you have a great family! Keep up the good work, we all notice the wonderful Martinis's!
Wanj.
I have always loved having my nickname. I LOVE when i realize that MOST people from my past call me jek. Sometimes it is surprising when you hear and think , oh my gosh, they call me that too!"
Post a Comment