Monday, March 21, 2011

My darling sleepies

If you know me well, you know I don't venture to the doctor all that often. Lately I have been somewhat of a regular.... I guess it is good to get our moneys worth from our insurance. We have really used and needed them this year.... Geez. It is like Cigna is my new BFF from Hades. Ick!

So, today I get a call from the school nurse..... oops! Back up... on Saturday it was BEAUTIFUL. We went to the castle park to celebrate the warmer weather and Gabe hurt his eye. He fell down and made friends with the mulch WITH his eye. Ouch! Being that he is a 7 year old squirmy child, he rubbed and rubbed his eye until it was bloodshot and grotesque looking....

His eye continued to hurt but not really worth mentioning until today when.... ring ring ring. You know who it is. I ask Gabriel, "Do you need to go to the doctor?" (please no... please NO!!). He says, "I think so. It REALLY hurts.." Darn.

The eye doc examines him (alone... and I rarely allow that to happen) and she finds a stinking sliver in his eye. Ouch! No wonder it hurt. She gets it out and we are on our way. Modern medicine really can be so amazing and convenient.

I am driving home. I am tired. Finn is soooo grumpy and tired. Gabe is a little traumatized and TIRED. I see the droopy eyelids. I drive slower. I see the looooong blinks. I drive even slower (and get honked at... Hey! Kiss my bum!! Can't you see I am putting my kids in the sleeper hold!!) AND...... I succeed!!!!


Aren't they cute.... AND they were perfect little angels when we went out for Eric darling's birthday. In fact, they basically woke up and we went out to eat. They stuffed themselves and now, they are asleep again (or just really really quiet....) Life is good. (o;

Happy birthday to my darling and love Eric. I am so thankful for him and the wonderful life he has given us. He is thoughtful, kind, loving, handsome, fun, hunky and a whole lot more. Today could have been a very sad day, but instead it is a great day of celebration and a remembrance of all the blessings we enjoy. I love you! Happy birthday!

1 comment:

eggy said...

Thanks Crazee Wanj! I love you too and thanks for taking care of eyeball boy and the grump!