Maryland is definitely a state that has four distinctive seasons. Winter lasts longer in some states. Summer in others, but Maryland is typically a calendar perfect state with the right amount of spring, summer, fall and even winter. (Eric would disagree with the winter part, but this is MY blog.... lol!) The thing I like best about the turning of the seasons is that each has a unique and pleasant smell. I like the smell of Spring the most. I can't describe it, but it is wonderful, exciting and makes you look forward to a long awaited and glorious Spring. The weather has started to warm up and even some bulbs are peaking through the gray dirt, but the smell has yet to arrive. I caught little whiffs of it, but the smell is not everywhere and I am so looking forward to it. It is still to early so I will be patient. However, I will keep my nose to the wind.... wishing and waiting. March weather does come in a like a lion and out like a lamb in ole Maryland. I don't think we have seen the last of cold weather and even snowflakes. I am not counting my chickens before they hatch, but I do know the smell of Spring is right around the corner. I remember last year I took my boys out to the school bus one morning and Tate looked at me and said, "Do you smell that?! It smells like spring." I knew it wasn't just me.... So, spring please come soon. We love you so!
No comments:
Post a Comment