Monday, March 14, 2011

Our week in words

Let's see....last week was a little crazy. Gabe hurt his leg at recess and had to go and have it looked at (which also required x-rays). No break thank goodness but days of misery ensued. Finn jumped down the stairs and landed on his face. It is the biggest bump EVER and I should have taken him in asap, but I waited and the swelling continued. Why do I need to learn lessons along the way I will never know. I am a smart gal. I should have looked at his head and sprinted to the doc. Needless to say, he went to the doctor for a rash a couple days later (that they think is SCABIES!! Yuck!) and then had to do a skull fracture exam. It was painful to watch so I can imagine what poor Finn had to endure..... It was awful. AWFUL!! I wanted to grab him and run. But...., I am scared. What if he has a crack in his noggin??? All is well, but my little darling has a caveman forehead and is getting two black eyes. Awful.

Eric went to the Haunt Convention and we were left prisoners of the house. Gabe couldn't walk so here we stayed. The ironic thing is I planned a day in DC with the boys. Found a good place for lunch, was excited about the prospects of seeing a single museum, happy about spending uninterrupted time with my boys...... and no. It did not happen. We were all disappointed, especially Coleman. He just about went stir crazy which makes me even crazier because he stalks..... You know the kind. Our basement majorly flooded and will have to be fixed soon or the damage will spread. I was so tired and grateful to have Eric home to help with the chaos. It is terrible to see water pouring into your house and all over our beautiful, cozy carpet. Darn. We have a lot of fix-it issues in the house. Lots. Ick!!

The weather is getting warmer but not warm enough. Spring is teasing us. Daylight savings has left us in a slump. Eric's neck is slowly slowly slowly getting better. He is in pain all day, every day and I wish he didn't have to endure that. Healing takes so much time and robs us of some of our sanity. I am still struggling with my foot and have forgotten how it feels to walk normally. Now you may wonder, do I have anything positive to say??? Nope. Awww...

Just kidding. We have been having regular family home evening. Our chickens lay three eggs a day. The guineas are still alive. The bulbs are poking out of the ground. The boys are helping more around the house and not complaining about it. I remembered to pay everyone for their report cards. I am yelling less, loving more and praying often. I went to the temple last month and plan to go this month as well. The boys are all enjoying or enjoyed their winter sports without any push from us. Miracle. Coleman and Tate are doing wonderful in piano. I have decided to start Gabe for the 2011-12 school year. Speaking of, Gabe is doing better at school, happier at home, sleeping like a log, eating more, and maturing at a good rate. So, with that.... life is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly Anj! Good to here about Gabe though and doing better in school. Love you guys and think of you often!