Today is my darling Tate's 10th birthday. I truly cannot believe it. Tate is my quiet child (thank goodness I even have one) so it seems strange that he is all of a sudden 10 years old. I thought I would write 10 terrific tid bits about why we love our ten year old Tate tons.
1. Tate is our best cuddler. He will always come in for a snuggle and he loves to be rubbed so he will rub in return (he is like his dad).
2. Tate is patient and puts up with a lot teasing. He rarely takes matters into his own hand but when he does watch out! He really packs a punch. Usually though he is easy going and sweet.
3. Tate is a good brother. He is so sweet with Finn. Eric likes when he talks a little "baby talk" with him. He has done this since Finn was born. It has made a special connection between them that I just adore and admire.
4. Speaking of newborns, Tate is a baby whisperer. He loves babies and babies LOVE him. I attribute this to his tender heart and sweet disposition.
5. Tate did not speak until he was 3 years old, not a word. So now, when he speaks we listen because we know it is important. He usually gets right to the point and is very insightful for a 10 year old.
6. Tate is willing to try new things. He is my flexible child which I really appreciate. He doesn't complain while trying new things.
7. Tate is always willing to share. It doesn't matter what it is, he will share it. He has always been a good sharer.
8. Tate is sincere. When he does something wrong and apologizes, you know he means it.
9. He has a great sense of humor and is very funny. He has always been the one to laugh out loud in movies or television shows that tickle his funny bone. He usually has a big smile on his face and is fun to be around.
10. We love Tate's hair. I love the way it falls in his face and he peaks through his gorgeous bangs. He has the perfect type of hair to wear long. I hope he keeps it long for a while. I can't even picture him with short hair.

Happy birthday sweet Tate. You make our lives better, richer and a lot more fun!!
We love you!!XOXO
We love you!!XOXO
13 comments:
OH I AM THE FIRST ONE TO COMMENT!! YEAH! I hope that means I am your FAVORITE!! Tate you are such a doll!! I am so happy that I know you! Everything your mom wrote about you seems so true! I think you are very special and I am so grateful that my little boys have you as a role model and example. You always make good choices and I love seeing your smiling face! I love cutting your hair and getting reminded by you to ONLY TAKE A LITTLE!!! Sorry i hurt you when I shampoo it!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TATE!!!
Tate! Happy birthday from your Aunt Liz and Uncle Jake in New Mexico! I hope you have a wonderful day! I think all the things your mom wrote about you are wonderful and make me sad I don't get to see you more often. Give everyone hugs and love from me and be sure to make a really good wish before you blow out your birthday candles. :) Happy, happy! XOXO!
Happy Happy Tate! I am so glad you are in my life. I wish I could see you more. You are such a caring and special boy. Did I mention that you are very very smart as well! I can't wait to see you Tuesday!!!!!
I am waiting for my kitting lesson.
Love Karma, Terry. Kailey and Conor
Hats off to Mom for a very sweet portrayal of a VERY sweet boy. I feel like you really captured the essence of Tate with your ten points and it made me love and admire him even more. It was fun to hear the role he plays in your family and the special, unique qualities that set him apart. My first memory of Tate was when he came to our house on Darnestown Rd, as a newborn. He laid in his carseat and he didn't make a peep the whole time but just stared with HUGE eyes taking in the experience of the night. I feel like that's how Tate is now.. an observer with deep thoughts, and when he speaks he makes sense because he has thought things through-- kinda like his "Uncle" Nick! ; ) We hope you have had a great Birthday, Tate, and that you know we think you are a wonderful boy with a lot of intelligence and potential. We are always impressed by your kind ways and sweetness--don't ever lose that--even when the girls are chasing you down! Gotta love the long-haired dudes! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!
Jennifer and Family
Hey mister Tater, Happy Birthday from your Uncle Quinn in San Diego. Hope you had a fun day and got tons of presents. I hear you got tons of snow and now we are getting the aftermath and its raining here now. Get some play in the snow for me. XOXOXO
Everything your Mom said is true, Tate! My favorite part is that you like to rub and will rub in return. I love to hang out with you and ski, play games, watch movies or dig holes in the backyard. I can't believe that you are already 10 years old...it seems like yesterday that you were climbing into cupboards, boxes, and all sorts of tight spots looking for toddler fun.
Just remember to wear your headband when you play sports or you know what will happen!! Locks of Love donation, baby!
Love you tons,
Dad
Dream on Eggy!
Happy Birthday Tate! You are so sweet and such a great older brother. You are also such a CUTE boy with the best hair! Everything your mom wrote is so nice and it shows how great of boy you are! Keep up the good work.
Hope your birthday is terrific!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Happy Birthday Tate. We so loved having you here for Thanksgiving. We wish we could hang out more. Kate misses you so and is so glad to have you as a friend and cousin. She remembers bonding with you on our first trip out there. You two sat down and had a lovely little tea party together. You have been sweet from the start. We hope you have had a wonderful day. You are much loved.
Love, Aunt Dayna , Uncle Jason, Kate, Hailey, Ash and Grace too
Happy Birthday Handsome! You truly are such a sweet boy who is so loved by everyone. Your mom described you beautifully. I'll always remember being your Sunbeam teacher, it seems like yesterday I can't believe you're already a whole decade!! I love you and I'm so thankful that we're more than friends, we're family. xoxo
Happy Birthday CRAZY TATE! We wish you were here to run you through the "spankin machine". Rose says she likes your hair...Ian says "dude"...Riley says "way to grow" and Isabelle says XOXOXO. We love ya!!! From your favorite Bunker cousins +(auntie and uncle)
Tate-This is a couple days late but I still hope your birthday was wonderful. You are a really awesome kid and I love it when I get to babysit you. Being 10 is definitely tons of fun! I miss you. When I come back for the summer I challenge you to a round of Just Dance, and I'll be making up some great stories to tell you guys. I remember you were the first kid I ever babysat, you were this little baby, and you woke up before your parents got back. Me and my sister didn't really know what to do, so we did everything we could to make you laugh. Even then you were a sweet kid with a great sense of humor. :D
Love, Meredith
Happy Birthday Tate!! I wish that I could have been there to celebrate with you! You really are one of the best cuddlers ever, I can always count on you to get some good couch snugglin time with one of my fabulous nephews!! I hope that you have a great 10th year!!
Post a Comment