The funeral was very nice and well attended. It was in an old, old church in York. After the service, we went to Hershey. Eric got us a beautiful suite at the Hershey Hotel. It is a 5 star establishment and is absolutely gorgeous!! What a sweetie!!
The suite was connected by two doors. Finn is quite good at escaping so I barred one of the doors and stayed in another. I thought we had all our bases covered. Well, as we were waiting for room service, Finn shut the adjoining door and it LOCKED. We called security. They assured us it would be easy to get him out. They used a hotel key only to find the door security bar was ON (yes... remember? I locked it so Finn could not get out..... WHY oh WHY?!?) They retrieved another tool to get the door open. It did not work. They man was very rough with the door and right before closing it again as hard as he could, Eric spotted little fingers. They could have taken his fingers right off.... I was horrified. I had to plant myself at the other door and feed him chocolate under the door. That's right.. chocolate under the door. I was desperate. I wanted him to be safe and to absolutely stay away from the other door. The room service lady served my other kiddies dinner while Eric stayed by the front door to assist the security men and to watch for little, sweet fingers and I stayed by the room door begging Finn to eat chocolate and to stay and talk to Mommy through the door. It was quite a scene!! They finally had to break the bar off. As you can see, that is not an easy task.
That was just the first of our adventures. It was so nice to be somewhere fun and exciting with the family, but neither Eric nor I checked the weather. What a mistake. It was freezing!! I didn't pack anything for colder weather..... Ick!! Hershey Park was soooooo cold. We froze our chocolate buns off!!! Eric went to Hershey World and bought us all a Hershey sweatshirt. We were "Hershey cute" for sure. The boys went on a few rides, we saw a show, ate in the wind and finally called it quits. The cold hurts my body still so I was ready ready READY to go. Finn gave up too and snuggled down for a long, "winters" nap. All in all it was a great trip. It is nice to get away no matter what the circumstances. It was a memorable Mother's Day and I loved being with my wonderful family.
The suite was connected by two doors. Finn is quite good at escaping so I barred one of the doors and stayed in another. I thought we had all our bases covered. Well, as we were waiting for room service, Finn shut the adjoining door and it LOCKED. We called security. They assured us it would be easy to get him out. They used a hotel key only to find the door security bar was ON (yes... remember? I locked it so Finn could not get out..... WHY oh WHY?!?) They retrieved another tool to get the door open. It did not work. They man was very rough with the door and right before closing it again as hard as he could, Eric spotted little fingers. They could have taken his fingers right off.... I was horrified. I had to plant myself at the other door and feed him chocolate under the door. That's right.. chocolate under the door. I was desperate. I wanted him to be safe and to absolutely stay away from the other door. The room service lady served my other kiddies dinner while Eric stayed by the front door to assist the security men and to watch for little, sweet fingers and I stayed by the room door begging Finn to eat chocolate and to stay and talk to Mommy through the door. It was quite a scene!! They finally had to break the bar off. As you can see, that is not an easy task.
That was just the first of our adventures. It was so nice to be somewhere fun and exciting with the family, but neither Eric nor I checked the weather. What a mistake. It was freezing!! I didn't pack anything for colder weather..... Ick!! Hershey Park was soooooo cold. We froze our chocolate buns off!!! Eric went to Hershey World and bought us all a Hershey sweatshirt. We were "Hershey cute" for sure. The boys went on a few rides, we saw a show, ate in the wind and finally called it quits. The cold hurts my body still so I was ready ready READY to go. Finn gave up too and snuggled down for a long, "winters" nap. All in all it was a great trip. It is nice to get away no matter what the circumstances. It was a memorable Mother's Day and I loved being with my wonderful family.



No comments:
Post a Comment