Friday, April 30, 2010

What am I doing?


The series of events goes a little like this.... Dr. Horbach (my surgeon) says, "You look great! Live your life!!". I come home happy and relieved. I go to the gym and tinker around for a couple of days and then, it happens... I LOOKED at my house. The three months of "waiting" have piled up everywhere. EVERYWHERE!!!

It is no one's fault. I didn't expect anyone to go through our STUFF. The pantry, my kids' closets, the dining room, the laundry room... Stuff everywhere. I am, however, not discouraged. I am empowered. I let it sit for months and months so I could heal and now.... I am on the road to a better me. It was all worth it and I am happy.

Eric is out of town for an extended period of time. Perfect timing actually. I have started to dig out and feel great about it. The lack of sleep is worth it. If he were home, I would want to be with him so... I am being quite productive.

I do get distracted. I see other projects and start on them. I have been hanging stuff all over my house, something that is usually Eric's job. We are starting on Eric's office soon and I finally want my house to look "complete". I am going to spend some serious money and am excited about that too!! Anyway, the dining room table is lingering the longest because paper takes so much thought and energy from me. I am a paper addict and all of it is important. Filing it away or throwing it away takes so much effort, but my goal is to have it done and that entire room cleaned out by Monday (when Eric my love comes home).

I feel so blessed, busy and happy. I haven't been this happy for a long, long time. I am focused and reassured of my path. I love my family. I even love the paper. I am so thankful for a healthy recovery. Normally my blog is really about my awesome boys, but sometimes it is about little ole me. I have a lot ahead of me and a big smile to prove it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keepin up on the blog Anj!! Glad you are feeling better!!