Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Priesthood Preview.

On Sunday, Eric and I attend Priesthood Preview. Coleman will be turning 12 in October and will receive the Aaronic Priesthood. A good father and friend in our ward gave such a sweet, meaningful talk to the boys. He said that there are four events in these boys' lives that are pinnacle to their plan and path in life. They are 1) Getting baptized into the church, 2) receiving the Aaronic priesthood at 12, 3) going on a mission/receiving the Melchizedek priesthood, and finally 4) getting married in the temple. Four wonderful and necessary goals and events to either have done or to look forward to.

I sat there listening with my heart so full of love for my son Coleman. He is such a good boy and is growing up so fast. He has such a sweet, sensitive, deep soul. I also was completely moved by the spirit I felt during the meeting. I am so blessed to be a Latter Day Saint and know that I do have a plan while on this earth. Heavenly Father knows ME and loves ME. I have struggled with so many changes for the last couple of years and sometimes forget this. It is so nice to be reminded and then to want my children to have the same realization. I am so thankful for the gospel and for the priesthood. Coleman and my boys are surrounded by so many wonderful, worthy men. I couldn't ask for more. We are also blessed with good family.

I am working hard to be a better, kinder mother. I love my children more than anything or anyone (except Eric, my soul mate) in life. They are each a gift. I sometimes dread them growing up. Time flies by and I want it to slow down. I am grateful that they will grow up in the gospel, knowing the importance of choosing the right and loving their brother Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven. Life is good.

No comments: