Monday, April 19, 2010

Mother and FATHER Goose


Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine.
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine.
~Mother Goose rhymes

Our choice is CHICKENS and GUINEAS. Look at all the action. The chickens are cute, but the guineas are adorable. They are the smallest guineas we have ever hatched. We have two rare, white females and I think we got a couple of white offspring. Darling.

Watching these little birdies is a sweet testament to the wonder and beauty of life. They struggle and peck to break out and after they finally make it out, they lay in their own filth... exhausted, relieved and I would like to think happy. I can relate to that! We learn big lesson from small happenings. Life is definitely good!!

Gabriel loves to watch the chickies hatch. He is very patient. He is also a little rough with them once they are out... but you can't have everything. (O:

The first chicken to hatch

Almost....

A new member of our family!

Notice the drool on the chin. I love that!

Finn is saying, "Egg!"

One week old keet

11 chickies and 5 keets (with 13 more incubating)

I helped this guy break out. You are not supposed to help them, but it struggled for days and was looking quite hopeless. He/she seems fine and was only about 3 inches when born. So small and sweet. I simply could not help myself.

No comments: