Hopping down the bunny trail.
Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on its way.
(Can't you just hear Gene Autry singing this?)


















Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on its way.
(Can't you just hear Gene Autry singing this?)





We celebrated part of Easter at the farm this year. It was Brother Nick's birthday and General Conference weekend so it seemed practical to do both on Saturday evening. It was a beautiful, spring day. The boys found some Easter eggs, did a little climbing and we got to visit with all of our friends. It was very enjoyable.
Watching Finn was so much fun as he discovered what was inside the eggs. He helped himself to every basket he could find. Good thing he is so cute because no one seemed to mind that he was pilfering their baskets of delicious chocolate and goodies.
We downplay Easter a lot in our home. Easter is about hope and the resurrection, not necessarily the Easter bunny. Our boys get Easter baskets and this year Eric bought all the stuff which was a huge success, but we try to focus on Christ. I love that Easter fell on General Conference this year. I watched 3 of the 4 sessions and was so touched by all the messages. Many of the leaders spoke about the importance of motherhood and parenting. I sometimes forget that my children have been given to me as a gift and they should be treated as such. They are fragile and precious. I feel that my testimony was strengthened and am more resolute to make my home a little piece of heaven. I am so grateful that we have a living prophet and a Father in heaven that loves and knows me.
I have felt so discouraged about our current situation in our country. I feel like we are losing important freedoms and choices. Family values are being attacked and redefined in the world's standards... Conference made me feel hopeful and glad to be alive. I am lucky to live in a time where I can stand up and shout my beliefs. I know that through Jesus Christ, all will be well. I am so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ and know where I am going and why. I am blessed.
Watching Finn was so much fun as he discovered what was inside the eggs. He helped himself to every basket he could find. Good thing he is so cute because no one seemed to mind that he was pilfering their baskets of delicious chocolate and goodies.
We downplay Easter a lot in our home. Easter is about hope and the resurrection, not necessarily the Easter bunny. Our boys get Easter baskets and this year Eric bought all the stuff which was a huge success, but we try to focus on Christ. I love that Easter fell on General Conference this year. I watched 3 of the 4 sessions and was so touched by all the messages. Many of the leaders spoke about the importance of motherhood and parenting. I sometimes forget that my children have been given to me as a gift and they should be treated as such. They are fragile and precious. I feel that my testimony was strengthened and am more resolute to make my home a little piece of heaven. I am so grateful that we have a living prophet and a Father in heaven that loves and knows me.
I have felt so discouraged about our current situation in our country. I feel like we are losing important freedoms and choices. Family values are being attacked and redefined in the world's standards... Conference made me feel hopeful and glad to be alive. I am lucky to live in a time where I can stand up and shout my beliefs. I know that through Jesus Christ, all will be well. I am so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ and know where I am going and why. I am blessed.
1 comment:
This is such a great entry. I can see how much you and all the kids enjoyed themselves.
Thanks for blogging all of this.
Post a Comment