Sunday, October 30, 2011

Twas the night before Halloween...

and all through the house,
all the creatures were at the Haunted Forest... and
Mommy was alone.


I am kind of out of it this year. Not sure why. I just haven't settled into fall and yet, it is almost over. I LOVE Autumn, but this year I just have different things on my mind and sadly none of them are really that important. It even snowed yesterday which really offset my brain.... It has been a fairly calm season, but I am just not in the mood for any of Autumn's delights. I really dislike that I feel this way.... It is so not like me and I am so hoping to shake the apathy before Christmas.

The Pavuks are here with is a real treat. Michelle Chapman and the Hartleys were here last weekend. It has been nice to have friends here. Usually I feel a bit overwhelmed when we have weekend after weekend of visitors, but no such thing this time. It has seemed easy, fun and even long overdue. No stress there. So what is it? Maybe......

I started to slowly (oh so slowly) clean out my house. I do a drawer here and a closet there. I filed paper til the sun came up and recycled so many magazines that I am sure my dear deceased Grandma Baker is jumping for joy in Heaven. I come from a long line of paper and pile addicts. We could be border line hoarders and I am trying my best not to fall into that bad habit and end up on TV. It is hard for me to get rid of paper, but I must. I think this has over taken my thoughts. I want to do more, but can't find the time..... It is personal torture. I am glad for the work I have done. I think only I can actually see and know what has left my grasp, but it is a nice start.

Oh course there are always personal and even private issues clouding my mind. Dang. Why does that happen too? I hate that rut and wish I could make everything better and all the "issues" just go away..... Trials and life lessons can be such a bummer. On a positive note, the boys are doing well. I think this is the best year yet, but I could be fooled. I hope not. I need to work harder on many aspects of my life, but feel so blessed to be receiving long time answers to my and our prayers. I feel undeserving, but very grateful.

Tomorrow is our Halloween party. I haven't done much for it, but look forward to seeing all the kiddies and celebrating All Hallows Eve. I went to the MHF with Jen and a bunch of church friends and Michelle a couple of weeks ago. It was very fun and I laughed so hard I cried. I used to laugh like that so often and now it is so rare. I hope that changes too. Work, work work.....

So, with that..... I hear the laundry room calling my name. (o;


2 comments:

JENNIFRO said...

Liked this.. true to life. True, true...

jill said...

I liked it too! I'm with you Ang, I feel a little removed from Fall this year for some strange reason. I've done "Fallish" things but haven't really "felt" it. I hate the times when you desire to have joy only but those stresses just don't let up. You'll figure it out, you're one smart cookie and I love you!!!