And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in service of your fellow beings, ye are only in service of your God. ~Mosiah 2:17
We have been steadily working on our 5 family goals. A quick recap, our third goal is to find ways to serve each other. The fourth is to have regular family home evening and the fifth is to do a family activity/outing at least 3 times a month. Two weeks ago we started a family service project at FAMILY HOME EVENING that is proving to be very successful. In short, each person draws a name at FHE and for the entire week they secretly serve that person. The tangible reward is for every service rendered, a penny goes in the "service jar". At half full we will go to Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg (a place the kids have been asking to go for some time). When it is completely full, we will go to Atlantis in the Bahamas (another place the kids have been asking to go for FOREVER!!) It won't always be this "elaborate", but I am ready to get out and do some really fun, memorable trips with my family. They have been so helpful and patient with my recovery. We want to reward them.
Last week "someone" made my bed almost every day. That is not as easy task. I could hear Gabe struggling to make Tate's bed and I swear I could find no laundry on any floor of the house. Somone picked it all up day after day. The mudroom was cleaner than usual and Eric's lost shoes found their way to his closet on more than one occasion. Needless to say, I am impressed and touched. I don't think a single penny has been put in without a tender service attached to it. My boys are being honest and sweet. I read about this activity in The Friend and am so glad that we are trying it out. I think the only way my boys can learn to serve others is first by serving their family. I will keep you posted, but so far, so good!! We really are so proud of our boys and love them so much!!
3 comments:
Wow what a great idea. I think you need a bigger jar for Atlantis though:)
WOW!! Impressive! I want to do that! DO you want me to be your sitter in Atlantis?
You are definitely skinny enough to fit in a suitcase. Can you also hold your breath for long periods of time? What will you do with your kiddies?
Post a Comment