I loved Sanibel Island. Can you believe I read about it in an airline magazine? It said it was family friendly, clean beaches, a shell lovers dream, abundant wildlife, relaxing, beautiful and the list goes on..... Usually I find myself a bit critical of places, but you know... the magazine was right. We had a GREAT time. Let me be a broken record, I loved Sanibel.
Jen and Nick joined us for a few days. I am so glad they did. We love them and their kids like our own. We had a lot of fun!! I think the beach calms the brain, emotions, relieves stress and makes you feel all lovey and happy. We could have crammed 100 people into our place and I would have been as pleased as can be. The more, the merrier!!!
A large part of Sanibel is a nature preserve. There are alligator, crocs, manatees, loads of birds, dolphins and all kinds of animals. We explored the Ding Darling Nature preserve with the Markoffs. The kids liked the park, but what I think they liked the most was being able to drive through the park. We all let our kids drive, even Gabe. It was a big, one-way street. No worries.
We went on a boating wildlife excursion and of course hit a mini golf joint on another island. We ate good food, gathered a million shells, dug up live sand dollars and all kinds of sea creatures, walked the beach at dawn, played a little tennis and lounged in the shallow, warm ocean water for hours. It was divine!
We went on a boating wildlife excursion and of course hit a mini golf joint on another island. We ate good food, gathered a million shells, dug up live sand dollars and all kinds of sea creatures, walked the beach at dawn, played a little tennis and lounged in the shallow, warm ocean water for hours. It was divine!
I really love good family time. I felt a tad sad about St. Louis. That has been such a fun and now familiar place to go for our spring break. Coleman is going to be going off to college and a mission in just 5 short years. We are going to make our spring breaks and summers count. I am in planning mode. Can't wait to see what is on our horizon!!!
Life is good (especially at the beach!!)
Sanibel shells... they are everywhere!!
A little beach frisbee
Now wait, isn't that Daddy's famous photo face Finn is making...?
Checking out sea creatures
Finn enjoying his "special" drink!
Coleman was a shell artist the whole time.
Cutie pies

Coleman was NOT happy that I made him sit on Eric's lap, but I didn't want to take a trip into the water.... Paranoid mom... I can't help it.


I could not figure out the deal with Tate's shoes until I realized that this is Camille.... Crazy me!
Is this a nice look? I am thinking not...
Finny and the fish
Tate and I got up early one morning to find shells on the beach. All the old people were already out picking the beaches dry of unique shells. The sun was just coming up when I took this picture. The beach was beautiful! I am so glad we did this!
Alligators at the mini golf place. Of course you could feed them, for extra dinero!We always play mini golf on our vacations. I mean always....
Look at them! Hot and happy as can be!! Where is Daddy?
The water was so shallow that even Finn could walk far into the ocean safely. It was a great beach!!
This was Tate's position for the entire day. Next time we will remember the snorkeling gear for him!!
I love my boys. Such a cute pic!!
This one was a little forced. I am a mean one about cute pics!
We love listening tours and historic sites! We were on our way to the airport and made a detour to Thomas Edison and Henry Ford's Winter Estates in Fort Myer, Florida. It was AWESOME!!
Check out that tree and the root system! Incredible!!
Thomas Edison's home
Thomas Edison's family room. Most of what is in there was his belongings. He loved the open space and could see the ocean from many angles in here. Very nice!!
It was hot. Can you tell? They were in their "airplane" clothing. How can we complain... we were in Florida. Wish I was there now!!

Edison's office. Built on the grounds when he was about 80 years old. In back of it was a beautiful moon light garden. They thought of everything!!
Daddy and the boys. I love those palm trees. Lots in this area.
And finally, a pic with Mom. I did go and I loved every minute of our trip! Can't wait for our next one.
Life is GREAT!!!
Life is GREAT!!!






























4 comments:
Super cute pics!!
SO fun!!!! BUT you are such a typical mom:)You were only in ONE photo in this entire post;)!!!!
You have such a cute family;)
That was a picture extravaganza!!! I swear that was the BEST way to kick off our trip. We had so much fun and were even sad to leave... thanks for the charity! We need more of these types of vacays.. good for body and soul! Love you guys.
PS.. I did do a double take in that one pic of Eric where his face looks uncommonly pallid. Then I remembered the zinc! That gave me two minute perma grin!
Good times!
Post a Comment