The Real Blizzard(s) of 2010
I can't begin to describe the snow storms we had last week. It pained me to miss the many photo opportunities for my blog and memory. The first storm came over the weekend and dumped a little over 2 feet of snow. The second storm came in the middle of the week and dumped another foot plus or so of snow. This is record breaking. We had not had more snow around these parts in about 100 years. We were out of power for a couple of days, but thankfully we have a generator and managed to stay warm and happy while our poor neighbors sat cold in their homes. Eric put our jeep to good use and pulled out many a friend and even a frienemy or two. He even pulled off a Superbowl party. I heard it was fun. Yeah Saints!!! (O:
The clean up has begun, the kids have been out of school for a WEEK and the grocery stores are trying to restock their empty shelves. My parents barely got out of here and my in-laws took the red eye only to be welcomed by the beginning of "Round Two". Thank goodness they got here....
The kids have really enjoyed the snow. I can't say the same, but it is only because I am stuck to my bed and the snow makes it all the more impossible to get out... I can't stand to be cold right now..Ick!! This is a very memorable winter as of yet. The snow is going to stick around for some time!!! I wish I could have taken pics of some of the icicles off my patio. They were at least 5 feet long if not longer.
On a positive note, it is very beautiful. I love the purity of fresh snow and this snow in particular because it blanketed everything, leaving it truly a winter wonderland. I am looking forward to spring for many reasons, primarily selfish ones... The Martinis family likes the four seasons, but we really like warmer weather so...... we will just start counting the days and the temps til then!!!
The clean up has begun, the kids have been out of school for a WEEK and the grocery stores are trying to restock their empty shelves. My parents barely got out of here and my in-laws took the red eye only to be welcomed by the beginning of "Round Two". Thank goodness they got here....
The kids have really enjoyed the snow. I can't say the same, but it is only because I am stuck to my bed and the snow makes it all the more impossible to get out... I can't stand to be cold right now..Ick!! This is a very memorable winter as of yet. The snow is going to stick around for some time!!! I wish I could have taken pics of some of the icicles off my patio. They were at least 5 feet long if not longer.
On a positive note, it is very beautiful. I love the purity of fresh snow and this snow in particular because it blanketed everything, leaving it truly a winter wonderland. I am looking forward to spring for many reasons, primarily selfish ones... The Martinis family likes the four seasons, but we really like warmer weather so...... we will just start counting the days and the temps til then!!!
These are from the first storm.

Who knows what is in store for us... more snow next week? So much for global warming.... Should I blame Al Gore for his ignorance or the gopher for seeing his shadow? Ummmmm????


1 comment:
That is insane... I'm glad you had so much fun with all that snow!
Post a Comment