
A couple of weeks ago I was horrified to receive negative reports from Tate and Gabe's school teachers, piano teacher, scout master, soccer coach etc.... That is right!! All of them... It seems that we started off the school year a tad bit negative so some form of action had to be taken and it needed to make a strong statement of
STOP AND BEHAVE NOW to my darling boys. So, Eric and I took away television, computer and DS privileges. The boys cried for two nights and still cry occasionally.

We are now on our third week of our "experiment" and the results are short of miraculous! Everywhere those two go, they get glowing reports. Did I say glowing?!?!? Well, almost.... The best part of this little experiment is that my children have rediscovered the great outdoors. Don't get me wrong, they were pretty limited in the technological world as is, but having to spend many hours outdoors instead of just an hour or so has really helped our little family.

Gabe likes to tell me that he is bored. I know the real truth... he thinks by telling me this I won't notice the fort they keep adding to or the chalk masterpiece on the driveway. I might forget the art projects strewn around our house or the glue that got spilled outside on the patio making wooden "houses". Eric has even let them build fires and they LOVE that. I just love the smell!

We ride bikes a lot. I thought we rode a lot before, but this is cutting new ground. Gabe is going to taking off his training wheels soon and I am sure we will have plenty of time to practice!!

We will see how the next two weeks go, but I think we found a new pace of life. Saturdays can the the official day to rot their minds and the rest of the week will be for the good stuff!!
Wish us luck!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment